I’m not a sporty person. I don’t enjoy exercise but I accept that it’s good for me and that I should do it. I do like watching other people do sports and being active. I guess I like ice hockey the most, but football is a close second. By football I mean the European kind, where you don’t touch the ball with your hands.
Mama Kat has again given five prompts to choose a topic from on her Pretty Much World Famous Writer’s Workshop. Since I’m pretty into European football and not that keen on the American kind, I’ve decided to bend the rules a little today and mix two prompts together.
1.) Tell us about a favorite Halloween costume.
2.) Share a Fall recipe that you’re loving this season.
3.) 10 Things you love about football.
4.) 10 Things you don’t love about football.
5.) Talk about something your child learned this week.
I’m assuming prompts 3 and 4 are supposed to be about American football, but since we call the European version football as well instead of soccer, I thought I’d mix and match those prompts a little and make it my own.
3.) 5 Things you love about European football.
4.) 5 Things you don’t love about American football.
I admit this much: I don’t know much about American football. I won’t deny that if I knew more or had a chance to go see it I might even like it, but for now, I just don’t understand what’s to like. Whereas I like European football, even though I don’t necessarily need to see every single came ever played. As I mentioned before, I’m not sporty in any way.
Liking European football because:
1. The players are mostly as handsome as can be. I like looking at them and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
2. The game is simple. Players kick the ball toward the goal and try to get the ball past the goal keeper. The team with more goals win.
3. It’s easy to play and doesn’t require much gear. All you need is a ball and some friends and you’ve got a game going. That’s fun!
4. The players have tight butts.
5. Honestly, I can’t think of a fifth reason. I just like the game!
Not liking American football because:
1. It seems like a very dangerous sport. It seems the players get hurt a lot while playing and I don’t like watching people to get hurt.
2. The scoring seems very confusing to me. A goal should be a goal, which should equal as one point. I get totally confused with them touchdowns and field goals and what-are-there.
3. Too much padding and head gear. I know it’s for the safety of the players, but how am I supposed to know if they’re handsome or not if they have all that gear on them. 😉
4. The “ball” isn’t even a ball. And the “ball” is touched by a foot just a few times over the whole game.
5. I don’t understand the rules. I read the rules on wikipedia and still didn’t understand them.
Do you like one or the other of the footballs? What is your favorite sport to watch?
With warm hugs and gentle thuds – Inkeri