I’ve been in love with coleslaw ever since I first had it and I’ve never been disappointed when I’ve had it since. It’s always delicious! I finally made it myself for the first time last Thursday and it was the best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth! I served it as a side dish to everyone yesterday as part of our Midsummer-celebration-get-together-dinner and everyone loved it! It was so good that now I’m extremely disappointed with all the previous coleslaws I’ve had.
This is going to be the thing I make for every party I throw or whenever I’m asked to take a dish to another party. Making coleslaw is obviously my thing!
This is the recipe I used:
8 cups (2 liters) finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
1/4 cup (0.5 dl) diced carrots
2 tablespoons minced onions
1/3 cup (0.8 dl) granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup (0.5 dl) milk
1/2 cup (1.5 dl) mayonnaise
1/4 cup (0.5 dl) buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Cabbage and carrots must be finely diced.
2. Pour cabbage and carrot mixture into large bowl and stir in minced onions.
3. Using regular blade on food processor process remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour over vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
Do you have any recipe that is like totally your thing? Something you can do with your eyes closed and you can’t get it wrong even if you tried?
With warm hugs and gentle thuds – Keri