Last Saturday was one of the craziest days of my life; My friends threw me a surprise bachelorette party and Matt over at Wanton Creation nominated me for my first blogging award. I give my most humble thanks and curtsey to Matt
I am now the proud owner of the Liebster Award. I had to do some digging over the Internet and the wonderful world of Google, to find out what this award really is. I found out that it’s actually given, not exactly nominated, from one blogger to another. This award is meant for people with under 200 followers and I believe it’s supposed to encourage new bloggers to blog.
Part of getting a nomination for this award is giving it forward and to nominate 11 Blogs you enjoy that have under 200 followers. I’m not sure how many followers the blogs listed at the bottom have, so it’s up to them to accept it or not.
The receiver of the award has to answer 11 questions given by the award-giver. Below are my answers to Matt’s questions. At the bottom of this post are the blogs I’m giving this award to, please, check them out.
1. What’s your favourite word in the English language?
Intrigue. I just like the way it sounds and feels. I’m quite intrigued by it. Quite is a close second and envy is the second runner up.
2. What are you listening to as you write the answer to this question (if not music, what sounds)?
My fiance typing on his laptop and some sort of constructions-machine whirring and banging outside.
3. What was the last thing you ate that you really, really enjoyed?
My future husband is a chef (though he’s not working as a chef at the moment), and he made these absolutely amazing home-made hamburgers and chili-fries last night. It was so good, I wish I could still taste it in my mouth.
4. You’re at a job interview, and the interviewer asks you to make them laugh. What do you do or say?
I would laugh! My laughter is catching. Trust me, if I laugh, you laugh. 😀
5. The world is about to blow up, but you’re being saved, and are allowed to take five things to another planet (aside from the clothes you are currently wearing), where you and only 999 other people will now exist (ignore the bleakness of this question). What do you take?
A book, probably Lord of the Rings, because it’s so thick it would keep me entertained quite a while. How I met your mother, complete series. I can only wish someone else brings a TV, a DVD player and electricity. A guitar, in hope one of those 999 people could teach me how to play. A pen and a really thick notebook, to write things down when needed.
6. What’s your favourite drink to consume first thing in the morning?
Water on weekdays and coffee on weekends.
7. What was the last book to make you cry?
I believe it must have been One Day by David Nicholls.
8. What’s the most ridiculous or silliest way you’ve been injured?
I asked this question out loud and I found out something I didn’t even know had happened. Apparently I once ran into a mirror thinking it was a door and bumped my head. According to my fiance this happened few years ago on my 26th birthday. Yes, I was a bit tipsy, if you were wondering. I had no idea this had happened until now.
One thing I don’t understand though… Why would I think a mirror is a door? Wouldn’t I see myself running towards me?
9. What’s your favourite city in the world? Why?
London! I love London because it has everything. Culture, fashion, music, pubs, people, river, history, tourists, train, tube, football, rain, sun, parks, coffee, food, and I just love the way the city sounds.
10. What’s the most embarrassing album in your music collection? (Be honest)
S Club 7 – Sunshine
11. To borrow an old line from a Crowded House song, would you rather a mansion in the slums or a caravan in the hills (i.e. a nice house in a not nice area, or a tiny living space but with views)?
Definitely tiny, humble living in a better and nicer area.
If you accept this award, you must answer the following questions and nominate 11 blogs and ask them to answer 11 questions. You can re-use the questions or come up with new ones.
1. How long have you blogged?
2. What is your talent you are most proud of?
3. You wake up in a shaggy hotel in a city of your choice with your best friend and a complete stranger of the opposite sex. There’s a kitchen-battle-axe on the floor with blood on it and and owl in the bathroom. What has happened?
4. What’s your favorite day of the week?
5. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
6. What are you doing for your living?
7. Where would you take me in your hometown, if I would visit you?
8. What is your favorite sound?
9. Do you have a celebrity crush? Who is it?
10. What is the first web-site you go to when you open your browser?
11. What languages do you speak?
The Blogs I’m nominating/giving the Liebster Award:
A Trip to Dystopia
The Literary Tiger
365 Things to do in Uxbridge
The URL Thingie
The Book Addict Blog
In Libris Veritas
The Wicked Queen’s Mirror
Gongrats to all!
I found this picture while googling:
With warm hugs and gentle thuds – Keri